U.S. Department of State-funded Travel Grants for the Students participating in the semester of Summer History of Engineering or the Cairo University Civil Engineering in Egypt.
Cairo University Engineering Travel Grants are funded by a grant from the U.S. Department of State for students participating in the Summer History of Engineering or the Cairo University Civil Engineering semester.
- Study Subject(s): Study Subjects are Civil Engineering, History of Engineering
- Course Level: Travel Grants
- Scholarship Provider: U.S. Department of State
- Scholarship can be taken at Egypt
Funding is available only to participants on AMIDEAST Education Abroad Programs in Egypt which are associated with Cairo University. Please note that under the terms of the grant from the Department of State, only students who are eligible for Pell Grants and Stafford Loans can be considered for these Travel Grants.
Scholarship Open for International Students: Yes
Scholarship Open for Students of Following Countries: Open for students which are associated with Cairo University
How to Apply: Electronically, To be considered for a Need-Based Scholarship or a Cairo University Travel Grant, please submit the required documents by the appropriate deadline (see below). A complete application will include the following:
- A completed scholarship application form
- A resume
- On a separate page, include a 500 word, typed, single-spaced, an essay that addresses topics such as
- How your time abroad will advance your academic and personal goals
- Your financial need and how the scholarship will help meet that need
- Your history as a first-generation college student or membership in a group that is underrepresented in study abroad.
- And/or additional circumstances or reasons you believe you are qualified for the scholarship. The completed documents must be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadlines.