Job Description: The Intel Penang Design Center (PDC), established in 1992, is one of the largest and most advanced Intel Design and Development centers in the Asia Pacific region. Intel PDC designs Intel® Core™2 processors, Intel® Atom™ processors, and Advanced IA Platform Chipsets. Our Design Engineers architect and create innovative IP and features for the next platform system-on-a-chip solutions on 45nm (nanometer) and 32nm process technology. Intel PDC grants R&D scholarships every year to outstanding students from local universities throughout the country.
To be eligible for the Intel Penang Design Center Scholarship, an applicant must:
* Be a Malaysian citizen
* Be a full-time student in a local university studying in the fields of Electrical and Electronics, Mechatronics, or Computer Engineering
* Not hold any other scholarship from other companies, organizations, or Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA)**
* Have one or more of the following:
o SPM with A1 for mathematics and all science subjects
o STPM with grade A for a minimum of three subjects
o Matriculation with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 and above
o For university undergraduates, a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 is required
Note: Perbadanan Tabung Pendidikan Tinggi Nasional Malaysia (PTPTN) loan holders are allowed to apply.
Each scholarship package includes:
o RM10,000 per year for undergraduate students
o RM13,000 per year for postgraduate students
* Partnership with a Senior Design Engineer to mentor and guide your studies and career planning
* Industrial training opportunities at Intel
How to apply
Each year, scholarship applications are accepted between July 1 and August 31. Bumiputeras are encouraged to apply. If you are interested in applying:
* Access and complete the Scholarship Application form.
* Email your completed application form and a copy of your resume to Intel Scholarship.