How Much Can I Make Working in Canada? – Many of the immigrants that have successfully immigrated to Canada will testify that Canada is one of the best countries to live and work. The country offers better work opportunities with competitive salaries as long as your occupation or skill is in-demand in the province or territory you are working in.
You might also be wondering how much you would earn working in Canada whether hourly, daily, weekly or monthly, well Canada is one of the countries of the world that offers a better minimum wage of about $15.00 per hour and some provinces and jobs might offer higher.
You should also know that earning higher salaries in Canada also depends on your qualification, skill and level of experience on the job. All these will increase the money you will earn while working in Canada. some people believe that your qualification has a way of influencing how much you earn well that true because someone with a bachelor degree will not earn the same salary as one with a master’s degree; that is why it is advised that you improve on your qualification and experience in order to earn higher in Canada.
In this article, we will be showing you how much you can make while working in Canada as we will be listing some of the highest paying jobs in Canada. We will also be showing you some ways that you can immigrate to Canada and start working and earning.
So without much stress, let’s proceed…
Highest Paying Jobs In Canada
These jobs have been seen to be some of the highest paying jobs with their potential salaries estimates. When we say potential salaries, we mean that they are not the actually figures but the figures are close to the actually figures.
- Engineering managers: $68,000 to $177,300
- Lawyers: $48,630 to $150,431
- Dentist: $50,805 to $213,671
- Registered nurse: $47,882 to $91,777
- Transportation and Construction: $75,200 to $141,600
- Specialist physicians: $115,00 to $375,000
- Finance & Communications: $77,700 to $130,629
- Family physicians: $58,015 to $310,054
- Federal judges: $300,600 to $396,700
- Business analyst: $46,642 to $92,975
- Airline pilots: $35,233 to $150,274
- Project manager: $48,910 to $115,053
- Senior sales executive: $41,808 to $135,490
- Actuaries: $45,820 to $130,740
- Sales account executive: $31,173 to $102,353
Jobs with Low Salary in Canada
Some of these jobs we will be listing here are jobs where you earn a moderate salary. Some of them are:
- Bartender: $20,091 to $44,800
- Service station attendant: $20,052 to $33,357
- Tailor or seamstress: $21,500 to $41,500
- Babysitters, nannies, and old people helpers: $20,880 to $38,300
- Food and beverage server: $22,360 to $30,369
- Restaurant host/hostess: $21,113 to $30,120
- counter attendant or kitchen helpers: $21,184 to $32,888
- Cashier: $21,183 to $29,156
- Cook: $20,994 to $26,026
- Dishwasher: $21,286 to $28,540
Average Salaries In The Provinces In Canada
Canada has about 13 provinces and we will be looking at the average salaries in these provinces.
- Alberta: $45,000 to $59,384
- Ontario: $43,000 to $52,260
- Newfoundland and Labrador: $45,500 to $53,820
- British Columbia: $42,748 to $49,244
- Saskatchewan: $47,946 to $52,728
- Manitoba: $43,857 to $47,632
- New Brunswick: $42,456 to $46,644
- Nova Scotia: $40,657 to $45,292
- Quebec: $43,235 to $47,320
- Prince Edward Island: $38,465 to $42,380
- Yukon: $39,567 to $43,900
- Northwest Territories: $40,002 to $45,782
How To Immigrate To Canada And Work
Canada has over 90 immigration programs through which you can immigrate to Canada either to work temporarily or permanently. These programs are set out to help the Canada government meet its target of welcoming over a million immigrants to the country within the next three years.
In this section of this article, we will be looking at the most popular immigration programs through which you can get permanent residence in Canada.
The Federal Express Entry System
The Express Entry System was initiated in 2015 in a bid to speed up the Canadian immigration process and make it easy for immigrants to apply for residence and work in Canada. It is seen to be one of the most popular immigration programs in Canada and it is an online program through which immigrants can get permanent residence in Canada. In the program, you are to create an online profile and fill in some information according to the requirements of the program. It is one of the easiest and quickest ways to immigrate to Canada as it takes as short as six months to process.
One sweet thing about this program is that you don’t really need a job offer to be eligible to apply for permanent residence through this program although a valid job offer will increase your chances of getting your application approved. There are some requirements you will have to meet in creating and completing your online profile and they are education, work experience, age, proof of sufficient funds and language proficiency.
You will have to complete your profile within 60days and then, you will be placed in a draw with other applicants and eligible visa applicants will be given a score according to the factors or requirements they filled in the profile. If you are eligible, you will be ranked according to a ranking system known as the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).
The Comprehensive Ranking system (CRS) is a ranking system where applicants for the Canadian visa will be given a CRS score to match against a CRS cut-off score and the applicants that meet or exceed the cut-off score will be selected.
One advantage of the Express Entry System is that even if you are not successful the first time you participated in the draw, there is always another chance for you. The Express Entry draws are done twice every month and you have a chance to participate in another draw if you were not successful in the first draw. You can also improve your chances of being chosen in the next draw, you will have to improve you CRS score. You can improve your CRS score by securing a job offer in Canada or have a family member in Canada.
The Express Entry System is managed under three Federal Immigration program and they are:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
- Canadian Experience Class
The Provincial Nominee Program
The program is for provinces in Canada to nominate immigrants to the province. It is designed by the provincial governments in cooperation with the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to help foreigners find work and settle in a particular province.
Each province sets its own requirements according to its economic needs and labour shortages. The Provincial Nominee Programs enable employers to hire foreign skilled workers to come fill up labour shortages in the province. Foreign workers with the right skills will be nominated to get permanent residence. The Canadian provinces or territories are working towards boosting their economies and so if you prove to be competent and skilled enough to contribute to the development of the province, you are sure to get a nomination.
For you to get a nomination to any province in Canada, you must look for a province where you skill or occupation is in-demand as it will help fast track your movement to Canada and also help you in securing a job offer.
A nomination from a province gives you 600points to add to your score from the Express Entry System meaning you are one step closer to getting an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence in Canada.
There are 11 provincial nomination programs in Canada that you can go through to immigrate to Canada and they are:
- Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP)
- British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP)
- Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP)
- New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (NW PNP)
- Newfoundland & Labrador Provincial Nominee Program (NL PNP)
- Northwest Territories Nominee Program (NTNP)
- Nova Scotia Provincial Nominee Program (NS PNP)
- Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)
- Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP)
- Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP)
- Yukon Nominee Program (YNP)